Looking for a career as a behind-the-wheel driving school instructor or teen in-class instructor, check out what we have to offer.
Behind the Wheel Driving School Instructor
We are always interested in talking to high-quality individuals that enjoy helping others learn to drive or improve their driving skills. Our instructors like this work because of it flexible in hours and it can be consistent income or second income.
Requirements for Teaching Teens and Adults:
- Must have had a driver’s license for 5 years.
- Must currently have no more than 4 points on their driving record.
- No OVI or equivalent.
- Clean criminal record.
- Current BMV abstract - no older than 90 days of application date.
- Current FBI (federal level) report- no older than 90 days of application date
- Current BCI (state level) report- no older than 90 days of application date
- 45-50 hour FREE training program. (Orientation, 24 hours classroom, assist teaching 6-hours of classroom instruction and teach a 2-hour class solo, 16 hours observation of BTW, and teach one 2-hour BTW lesson.)
- State Basic Instructor Online Course and Sexual Harassment Online Course
- Instructor Driving Exam, including knowledge, driving, and maneuverability.
- State Physical Exam form completed
- Complete Instructor Application $25
- Complete Instructor Training Record and related documentation.
- Computerized work environment so computer literacy is helpful.
We are currently looking for BTW Instructors for Stark, Summit, Portage, Medina, Wayne, and Surrounding Counties. All of our BTW instructors set their own schedules! Work when you want...Work when you can! The choice is yours! We start our BTW instructors at $20.00 per hour. Starting wage is negotiable for licensed instructors pending on experience and ability. Most of our instructors use their own cars; however, we would be happy to discuss other options with you. We offer FREE training and 45-50 hours.
A Class D Driving Instructor may teach classroom and/or BTW (Behind-The-Wheel), the license covers both.
Our BTW Instructors make their own schedules. They can work as little, or as much as they prefer (e.g.- 15- 60 hours per week)
The Instructional Vehicle MUST be equipped with an automatic transmission, a passenger side brake, passenger side rear view mirror, 3" reflective "STUDENT DRIVER" visible to the front and rear. The vehicle must also have COMMERCIAL Auto Insurance.
Classroom Driving School Instructor
Classroom Instructor training requirements are listed above. Both Classroom & Behind the Wheel positions require a Class D Driver Instructor License from the State.We offer FREE training, 45-50 hours. Training is NOT paid time.
We are currently looking for Permanent and substitute Classroom Instructors for all of our locations. We start our classroom instructors at $15.00 per hour. Once a permanent license has been issued from the state, the rate will increase to $17.00 per hour. The rate is based on experience, ability, and location. This position requires evening availability (4:45 pm - 9:15 pm) Monday through Thursday. There is also the possibility of Saturday mornings 8:00 am - 12:15 pm or Sunday afternoons 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm. Schedules vary throughout the summer. Substitutes will be the first considered if a permanent Classroom Instructor position opens up at one of our locations.
Work from Home Customer Service Representative
Are you looking to work between 20-40 hours a week with all major holidays off? We are looking for ambitious and high energy customer service phone reps who are confident, self starters who want to bring positivity and a great experience to our customers. While the position is multi-faceted, essentially you are the customers first point of contact and representation of our company through phone calls and emails.
What Will I Be Doing?
- Answering phones, emails and other office related tasks
- Professionally responding to customer inquiries
- Providing customers with information regarding Myers Driving School services
- Identifying, escalating priority issues and reporting to management.
- Following up on complicated customer interactions where required.
- Recording details of customer interactions (proficiently and accurately)
- Develop rapport with customers, with an upbeat and positive attitude
- Offer solutions- not excuses
What Qualities Do I Need To Possess?
- Excellent customer service attitude.
- Ability to engage and tailor interactions with each customer, making their experience exceptional.
- Friendly, confident and a self-starter
- Prior customer service experience
- Team player / Flexible / Reliable
- Excellent verbal and listening skills
- Professional and articulate voice
- Home office that is noise & distraction free
- Ability to provide superior customer service while navigating multiple systems including the use of chat to ask and receive internal support
- Availability to work various shifts
- Excels working in a fast paced environment with evolving business needs
- Demonstrate conflict management skills and maintain professional composure
- Myers Driving School requires Internet not be used for non-work related purpose during working hours; including media streaming, ripping, gaming, or other web usage by other members of the household that may negatively impact your network's performance