Looking for a career as a behind-the-wheel driving school instructor or teen in-class instructor, check out what we have to offer.
Behind the Wheel Driving School Instructor
We are always interested in talking to high-quality individuals that enjoy helping others learn to drive or improve their driving skills. Our instructors like this work because of it flexible in hours and it can be consistent income or second income.
Requirements for Teaching Teens and Adults:
- Must have had a driver’s license for 5 years.
- Must currently have no more than 4 points on their driving record (OHIO BMV Driving Abstract within 60-days of application).
- No OVI or equivalent.
- Clean criminal record. FBI and BCI within 60 days of application
- 45-50 hour FREE training program. (Orientation, 24 hours classroom, assist teaching 6-hours of classroom instruction and teach a 2-hour class solo, 16 hours observation of BTW, and teach one 2-hour BTW lesson.)
- State Basic Instructor Online Course and Sexual Harassment Online Course
- Instructor Driving Exam, including knowledge, driving, and maneuverability.
- State Physical Exam form completed
- Complete Instructor Application $25
- Complete Instructor Training Record and related documentation.
- Computerized work environment so computer literacy is helpful.
We are currently looking for BTW Instructors for Stark, Summit, Portage, Medina, Wayne, and Surrounding Counties. All of our BTW instructors set their own schedules! Work when you want...Work when you can! The choice is yours! We start our BTW instructors at $17.00 per hour. Starting wage is negotiable for licensed instructors pending on experience and ability. Most of our instructors use their own cars; however, we would be happy to discuss other options with you. We offer FREE training, 45-50 hours and the potential to make up to $20.00 per hour after 6-months!
A Class D Driving Instructor may teach classroom and/or BTW (Behind-The-Wheel), the license covers both.
Our BTW Instructors make their own schedules. They can work as little, or as much as they prefer (e.g.- 15- 60 hours per week)
The Instructional Vehicle MUST be equipped with an automatic transmission, a passenger side brake, passenger side rear view mirror, 3" reflective "STUDENT DRIVER" visible to the front and rear. The vehicle must also have COMMERCIAL Auto Insurance.
Classroom Driving School Instructor
Classroom Instructor training requirements are listed above. Both Classroom & Behind the Wheel positions require a Class D Driver Instructor License from the State.We offer FREE training, 45-50 hours. Training is NOT paid time.