Start Classroom Instruction at 15 & 5 Months or ASAP!
The Classroom Portion of Teen Drivers Ed is the 1st Step to become a Licensed Driver... Not the last.
Student Driver Training Course
This is the course required by the State of Ohio for those under the age of 18 but is recommended for all who are preparing to obtain their Driver's License. Teen Drivers Ed course consists of 24 hours of classroom instruction and 8 hours of individual Behind-the-Wheel instruction. Please see the Locations Page for Class Days and Times.
- State law requires students to complete 24 hours of classroom instruction, and 8 hours of in-car driving with a certified instructor.
- Students should arrive at their first class 15 minutes early to complete paperwork and make payment.
- State law requires that the entire 32-Hour Program must be completed within 6-months of the initial start date of class or student will be required to start the entire program over.
- No more than 2-classes (4-hours of classes) may be taken in one day.
Individual Student Test Preparation & Practice
If you feel like you need a few more lessons to get ready for your driving test, or you're having trouble with the maneuverability test. Give us a call!
Scheduling Teen Drivers Ed
We offer two 2-hour classes each day. All of the classes are numbered 1 thru 12 and may be taken in any order. The schedules list what classes are being offered and what time they start. Students can choose to attend one or both of the classes offered each day.
A student may take up to 4-hours of classes each day. If they take 4 hours of classes each day, 3 days per week they can finish the 24 hours of in-class instruction in 2 weeks.
Another option is to take 2-hours of classes, 3 days a week and finish in 4-weeks.
Not in a hurry? Students have up to 3-months to complete all class numbered 1 thru 12. For your convenience, classes do not have to be taken in any specific order or at any specific Myers location!
- During the school year, we offer evening classes that run:
- 5 pm -7 pm and 7:15 pm - 9:15 pm
- Summer classes are held in the morning depending on the location at either:
- 8 am - 10 am and 10:15 am - 12:15 pm
- We also offer Sunday afternoon classes in select locations. These classes are offered 1 pm - 3 pm and 3:15 pm - 5:15 pm.
(State law limits instruction time to four hours, or two classes, per day.)
You may also attend any class at any location. However, if you plan to go to a different location to make up a class, please check the schedules online first for any schedule changes.
For complete details of class schedules, please call 1-888-MYERS-60 or check the Locations & Schedules page.
Pricing & Discounts
- Regular Price
- Pay first day $25 discount
- Pay first day w/ check extra $10 discount
- Friend/Sibling $20 discount
- $380 / $370
- AAA Discount
- Additional 2-hr Lesson
- Cancellation/No Show Fee
*All fees are due on or before the first day of class to receive discount. All fees not paid on or before the first day of class must be paid within 30 days of student's first day of class.
**To receive the friend discount, both students must mention their friend’s name when registering online or on the phone prior to the first day of class. To qualify for the sibling discount, previous sibling(s) must be registered in our system and must be mentioned when registering online or over the phone prior to the student's first day of class. Students will be placed on the behind-the-wheel driving list once payment is paid in full, all classes and written test (75%+) are completed and valid temporary permit information is received. Payment must be completed within 30-days to retain friend/sibling discounted pricing when the balance is not paid in full on or before the first day of classes.
Fees & Surchargers
On the FIRST DAY of BTW, if the price of regular unleaded gas at the Speedway on Massillon Rd. @ I-77 is $5.00 a gallon or more, there will be a one-time fuel surcharge payable directly to the in-car instructor. The surcharge fee is as follows: